Phil Town's Rule #1 Investing Channel Videos
14,729,001 views | 246 videos
Official YouTube channel of Phil Town and Rule #1 Investing. Phil Town is an Investment Advisor, Hedge Fund Manager, 3x New York Times Best-Selling Author of Rule #1, Payback Time, and Invested, and Ex-Grand Canyon River Rafting Guide.
- 5 days agoEverything I teach about investing in companies applies to every investment that you could possibly make, and that's all based on the advice I've received over the years. Today, I’m going to give you my 5 best pieces of advice so that
- 1 week agoOne of the biggest factors when it comes to being a successful investor is READING! Warren Buffett has been known to read hundreds of pages every single day. This is why I have 7 investing resources that I check up on daily to make sure I
- 3 weeks agoAn event is usually something unpredictable and is also usually something that will be fairly easy to correct -- meaning the company will be back on track in no time. A DOWNFALL, however, can be a significant turn of events for a business
- 1 month agoThere's a common misconception that Baby Boomers - people born between 1946 and 1964 - are all in a great financial situation and fully prepared for retirement. But they might not be as ok in retirement as people think. They might want
- 2 months agoThe 401(k) is not a new concept, and it’s something I get asked about all the time. So, is it worth it? Investing is almost always better than not investing. Making more money WITH your money is the best way to grow your wealth over
- 2 months agoSince the 2008 recession, the US stock market has seen historic gains. However as stock prices continue to climb there are good reasons to believe that the vast majority of the market is now overpriced. This makes finding companies that
- 2 months agoI talk about investing with your values often because it’s the BEST way to ensure you’re connected to and willing to do the research on your potential investments. Well, Warren Buffett really is a great example of this practice. Many
- 3 months agoWhether you are a seasoned investor or new to the business of making money with your own money, there are some basic rules you should follow and there are some bad habits that you might need to break. Doing any of these things will only
- 3 months agoInvest in what you understand. It's an often overlooked factor since many investors feel that they can make money in any company regardless of whether they understand it or whether it aligns with their values. To
- 4 months agoOne of the keys to making money with investing, is properly evaluating a business or stock. Here are 5 things you should AVOID when going deep on a company and diving into their public facing numbers. To help you
- 4 months agoThere are several factors that lead to fear in the stock market and ultimately a pull-back or even a stock market crash. In this video I give you some of the signs to watch out for and how to ultimately take advantage of the fear of others
- 6 months agoInvesting is a process and doesn't come easily overnight. It can take years and years of practice and discipline to become a successful investor. In this video I give you 5 tips to help you feel more confident about investing.
- 6 months agoIn this video I show you some of the ways you may be looking at money the wrong way or even taking it for granted. It's important that we understand the value of money early on in life so that you are more likely to be responsible with it
- 7 months agoHappy Valentine's Day! Today we talk about investing in stocks that you love. Once you realize that you can vote with your money by investing in the companies that you want to see in the world in the future, it will change your perception
- 7 months agoHyperinflation is a term that most people have heard before yet a term that many don't understand beyond knowing that it isn't a good thing. On that much, they're right; few factors can cripple an economy so swiftly or so completely as
- 8 months agoWhen it comes to your finances, it is important that you get in the habit of making promises to hold yourself accountable. To help you get your finances on the right path, here are 6 financial tips to set yourself up for success in 2019.
- 9 months agoLike most people, I love my family and want the best possible lives for them. But I also know that life isn't cheap! I know how much it takes to live in this world and retire. So I want to make sure I leave behind a nest egg for my family.
- 9 months agoIn this video I talk about 3 of the biggest lies about investing in the stock market that far too many people believe to be true. Hopefully this video will dispel some of those myths out there and you can regain your confidence as a small
- 10 months agoIn this video I give you a few ideas on what you should do with your 401k and IRA funds when switching jobs. Changing jobs is a common occurrence and yet so many folks out there don't know what they should be doing with their retirement
- 10 months agoIn this video I walk you through an average day for me as a full-time investor. How much time do I actually spend with the investing part and how much do I spend with the rest of my daily activities? The answer might surprise you!
- 11 months agoIn this video I talk about some of the commons ways to generate passive income. One of the easiest ways to get rich is to have your money grow for you, without you having to actually do anything! Investing is probably my favorite generator